Monday, December 27, 2010

Preggy Update

Hmmm...what on earth happened to all those daily posts I've been writing over the holiday?  Oh, that's right I just suck at life and didn't do any since last week...

So things are going pretty good here, not too much to complain about.  I have some hip pain that is a big pain in the butt when I'm trying to sleep, but since that is by far my worst complaint, I know that I'm actually having a very good pregnancy.

I am also officially in the Dr appointment every two weeks portion of the pregnancy (instead of once a month)...seems so crazy, like I've been pregnant forever, and for no time at all.  I also have my second glucose test to make sure I still don't have gestational diabetes this week--can't wait for that crazy Kool-Aid again (which by the way is what they make you drink, then take your blook 1 hour later--it's really not a reference to any sort of brainwashing of any kind, I swear).

Also, whoops, I've totally already gained a little over 30 pounds--and I still have 2 months to go.  So I'm just going to take that whole 25-35 "normal" range of weight gain as another one of those "aiming too high" expectations and just go with it and worry about taking those pounds off later.  But I have to say a post-pregnancy workout dvd I got for Christmas is really helping me out with the super-not-worrying-about-it-ness because the girl in the video said that she gained 60 pounds during her pregnancy, so I'm all set.  (Who knows if that's actually true or just something she's saying to try to be "relatable" and make you not hate her even though she has the body of an 18 year old.  I want to believe it, so I will now ignore the fact that it could just be made up).

No comments:

Post a Comment