Monday, December 6, 2010

my first brush with the time out chair...

So this week in baby class we watched some videos about childbirth and "non-natural" routes that may need to be taken (inducing, epidural, episiotomy, forceps, c section, etc).  But, seriously, who are these women who agree to have their births videotaped and made into instructional videos???  We saw way too much of these women--there was a close up of a nurse shaving one of them (which of course promted Jason to assure me that I will need to continue to maintain that area on my own).  Although, I do understand wanting to, I don't even want that process videotaped for personal viewing much less to show the world. 

Anyway, after watching the videos and reviewing we went on our hospital tour, where I totally missed Jason Schwartzman walking into the maternity recovery area (so congrats to him)--if only I were taller!  There were people in front of me.  Jason saw him and then rubbed it in my face the rest of the night, obviously. 

So we're in one of the birthing rooms and there are two chairs in it and one woman sits down and the instructor says "ok, someone else can sit down," but no one really moves to sit, I'm thinking, eh, oh well, if someone wants to I'm sure they'll sit down at some point.  I'm stading in front of the bed and ever so slightly lean forward (just looking around the room to see if anyone is going to sit) and the instructor sees me and says "NO, NOT ON THE BED, I don't want you to get in dirty.  Go sit in the chair."  Um, ok I guess, except that she was talking about the baby station that was on the other side of the room that you COULDN'T SEE FROM THE CHAIR.  I thought I was being crazy, what with the hormones and whatnot, but Jason was the first one to say something about it, so it wasn't just me.  In my face, apparently, I needed to be sitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment