Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No, not the super hippy stuff...

So Jason asked me the other night when we were about to go to sleep what I'm actually expecting from him when I'm in labor.  Since we're taking those super fun childbirth classes and some of the stuff is a bit too much for me, so definitely too much for Jason (ok, now, breathe in a 2-4-3 pattern!  And add noises!  Now switch noises every time Jason touches you in a different spot!!!).  The basics are great and whatnot (slow down your breathing, continue to breathe, walk around, etc), so this is basically what I told him, but apparently I was not being very clear.

"So what do you want me to do?"

"You know, just the basic stuff, rub my back if it starts hurting, get me ice chips"

"But, what else?"

"I'm not sure, I haven't really been in labor before..."

"So, what else?"

"hmmm, I don't know, do you want to read one of the books I have?"

"No"

"Ok, just read these 8 pages, it is literally labelled 'What should Dad do in the hospital' and it's 8 pages"
(this book, of course being my 5th book about pregnancy/babies during my pregnancy).

Then the next day after having read all 8 pages as requested:

"Oh, it's like they stold that chapter out of my head."

So, now I think we're on the same page with what I expect in the labor process which is great and whatnot.  Although I am not requesting a present, which was in the book...although maybe I'll get permission to buy a fancy pair of brown flat boots (I'm thinking riding boot style).  But--dilema--I feel like I've been casually looking for some of these for a while and haven't actually been able to find that perfect pair.  Also, by fancy I mean definitely under $200, preferably under $150, but I think I will be getting some help to pay for these for Christmas.  So, audience, any leads on awesome brown riding boots????  I'm pretty firm on the flat part, since I will be chasing babies around and do not anticipate wanting to put on heels in the near future...

1 comment:

  1. Heyo! Have you checked out Piper Lime? They have a million boots in the $150 range, I just took a quick look and there were some options that might work.

    ReplyDelete