Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's Official

I have now sent in my 2 week notice at my work so that I can be a stay at home mom. It's kind of a crazy feeling. No more getting up to leave the house to go to work. No more accounting/monthly deadlines/vague work requests that I have to try to interpret and get right.

Now I just have figuring out a baby/hourly deadlines (you know, for things like feeding, diaper changing, and napping)/vague occasional crying with seemingly no cause to try to interpret and get right. But I can't wait.

People always say that they didn't know they could love someone so much as their baby. And I really do love him, but I have to say I love him about as much as I thought I would. But e difference is the complete and total responsibility that goes along with it. I'm the one he relies on (most of the time) just to stay alive. He can't feed himself, or go to the bathroom, or even move from one spot without my help and I think that is what makes the difference between this relationship and every other. His complete reliance really does make you have a crazy bond with him that makes you super protective.

I can't wait to try to figure it all out.

2 comments:

  1. YOU are so amazing. I can't wait to nag you for advice when it's my turn and it turns out I love my baby less than I thought I would because he bugs me. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, love this post! I'm so excited for you and this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete