Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bay Area Baby Shower

Had a BUSY holiday weekend in the Bay Area where I also had my first baby shower--it was adorable and awesome.  Check out the decor:
This was extra cute and my sister got baby pictures of Jason and me to put between the letters along with one of the first ultrasound pictures of baby parker.

There was an advice jar so that we could get some tips--and check out the really pretty flowers, my sister and mom went up to the flower mart in San Francisco the day before and made some great arrangements.


There was also a onesie decorating station where you could win a prize!  Tom and Bridie won my pick--an awesome super-hero onesie with a cape and everything, that I, of course, do not have a picture of right now...boo me.  And those super cute tissue paper puff balls were hung throughout the different areas of the shower.


Here's the tables where all the food was served--and the food was SO GOOD.  (and more adorable flowers of course) First there was spinach dip and french bread and crackers and yummy spreads, then the second course got served:  quiches, belgin waffles, ham, muffins, croissants, bagles, berry fruit salad deliciousness!  Of course after the shower started all of my picture-taking ended, but luckily my sister was on top of it, so perhaps I'll get to link to all of her pictures soon, which will be nicer pictures anyway because she has one of those fancy pants cameras that we need to get for adorable baby photo shoots and whatnot.  So THEN, dessert got brought out:  gelatto and biscotti, and it was really good gelato too (I heard it cured hangovers, not mine, since of course that would really not be appropriate, what with growing a person inside me and whatnot, but there was a high school reunion the night before, so do the math).

And look at the cute flags too!  Apparently my mom (hi mom on the left) cut out about a million of these fabric triangles, there were two more strips of these in the other room and she said there were still about 120 left over, since who knows how many would be needed for each strip of them...also, hi Jason on the right, he was very helpful in hanging everything on the ceiling--yay tall people, it would have taken ALOT longer without him. 

I'll post a link to more pictures, and ones with actual people in them too once I get them--it was SO GOOD to see everyone since I don't get to as often as I would like. 

3 comments:

  1. I have a few pictures to send to you! Love to you and Jason and little Bobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!! Looks awesome!
    Get excited for Round 2 in January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, the name, may not be so set in stone anymore...still pending decision on that one...

    ReplyDelete