Sunday, September 11, 2011

maybe a sprinkle of ambien will work?

The naps are seriously starting to get to me. Leroy has always been a good sleeper (AND FOR THAT I AM VERY GRATEFUL THANK YOU SLEEP GODS), but lately he is just not cooperating with his naps. So a week or so ago I went to get him up from a nap in his lamb swing, and he has gotten too something for it because he had apparently sat up and grown himself forward and to the side and was still sleeping but hanging mostly out of the swing...so I figure naps in the swing are done.

Ok, not too big a deal, right? He sleeps at night in his crib, he'll get used to it I'm sure. And at first it was really going ok. Sure, the naps were shorter, but I was pretty much expecting that and figured they would get longer again as he got used to it. BUT, now he really does not want to fall asleep in his crib. We have a little play swing out in the backyard that he really likes, so he falls asleep in there and then I transfer him to his crib and it was fine. WAS. FINE. No longer. Now as soon as I get into his room the eyes are wide open and he is PISSED if I put him in his crib (even though he had just been asleep a moment earlier).

Um...advice? Should I try to figure out a nap routine? Does anyone have one? I really don't want it to get too crazy long...Should I just let him cry in the crib for a few minutes? Suck it up and stop complaining about a baby that still sleeps through the night? All suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment