Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dear Baby Leroy

You are 7 1/2 months now and all of a sudden you look so much older and, I swear, have totally changed again. We just got back from visiting all your family in the Bay Area and had a great (and exhausting) time. We went swimming in the pool-when I put you on your tummy you kick your chunky little legs and it is super cute, we visited a ton with your cousins Bella and Lucas-Bella is so cute she always wants to hold your hand and give you kisses, and you started really laughing uncontrollably...but only at your Dad. You just love him so much and think he is HILARIOUS. He can make you start laughing for ten minutes straight like nobody else can (not even me, and believe me I've tried). He shakes his head or opens his mouth or just gives you a funny look and you love it.

You also have started to give us little squeezes back when we hug you, sometimes anyway. I suppose this could just be in my head, but I really don't care at all. And this morning while we were having our enforced (by me) cuddle time between your bottle and video you were sitting on my lap and looked at me, then leaned your little head down and rested it on my chest and gave me the best cuddle ever. I was loving it. There is still no crawling or walking...or signs of it, but I could not care less. You are seeming to get more interested in your books. I am happy to read to you as much as you want (right now anyway, we'll see how I feel when you want to hear The Very Hungry Caterpillar for the tenth time in a row), and you seem like you're actually paying attention for a minute or two before you shove the book into your mouth.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, too cute! I love these little letters you write...he'll love it too one day :)

    ReplyDelete